Expedition Family Days
Enjoy an unforgettable summer holiday and lots of time with the whole family.
- HIGHLIGHT: 1 child up to 10 years stays
free of charge in parents' room!
- Free childcare service (from 3 years)
- Special activity programme in the region
- Access to the Hotel Panorama SPA
- Access to the Hotel SPA Gletscherblick
Service & booking
TAXES & FEES
Prices indicated do not include the €2.00 local tourism tax and €0.05 tourism industry fee per person per night (applies to all guests aged 15 years and older) but do include VAT.
Forced to cancel your holiday?
Please be aware that cancellations must be made in writing. The following cancellation conditions apply:
- Free cancellation - up to 48 hours BEFORE scheduled arrival
- Cancellation fees - a cancellation fee totalling 100% of the package booked applies to non-cancellable packages and "Stay Longer, Pay Less" deals as well as to all cancellations made less than 48 hours before scheduled arrival (including cases where guests do not appear at the hotel at all)
Christmas/New Year's Eve (23.12.2023 - 07.01.2024) – deposit required for bookings in this period
-Up to 28 days before scheduled arrival - free of charge
-after that, 100% of the total package booked will be charged as cancellation fee
Deposit: A deposit of 50% of the total price is required upon booking. After the free cancellation period has expired, we kindly ask you to pay the remaining 50%.
Bank: Raiffeisenbank Hohe Tauern (Kaprun branch)
IBAN: AT42 3501 2000 0121 1705
In order for us to correctly identify your deposit, please include your name and scheduled day of arrival in the transfer details.
We know that sometimes unforseen events can ruin your holiday plans. To avoid any costs arising from last-minute cancellations, we recommend taking out travel and cancellation insurance. The Hotel Storno Plus package offered by the insurance company Europäische Reiseversicherung (www.europaeische.at) also covers cancellations due to Covid-19.
The general terms and conditions of the "TAUERN SPA WORLD Betriebs GmbH & Co KG" can be found here.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
On your day of arrival your room will be available from 15:00. You are welcome to use the SPA Water World and SPA Sauna World from 9:00 on your day of arrival (Sauna World from 10:00). Bathrobes and towels are available on site.
On your day of departure you can use your room until 11:00. If you wish to stay a little longer you can pay an extra €75 for a late check-out, which means you can use the room until 18:00. Guests are also welcome to use the SPA Water World and SPA Sauna World on their day of departure for a special discounted price of €17 for adutls and €8.50 for children (3-14 years). The SPA Water World and SPA Sauna World close at 21:00.
EVEN MORE SPA RELAXATION
Our two Hotel Panorama SPA areas can be used on your day of arrival from 15:00. There is also the option of our Deluxe Package which gives access to these areas all day on your departure day and arrival day for €76 per adult and €35 per child (3-14 years).
ALPINE VITAL SPA & KOSMETIK
We recommend booking appointments for massages and other treatments in advance. Details on all the many options available can be found HERE.
Our Executive Chef and his team look forward to showcasing the best food our region has to offer during your stay at the TAUERN SPA. The following extras can also be booked for an additional fee:
- Healthy and hearty breakfast buffet at the Lichtblick restaurant on your day of arrival from 9:00 until 11.00 for €29.50 per adult and €14.50 per child (3-14 years). Please let us know by the evening before at the latest.
- Expedition Bowls - exclusive lunch served daily from 12:00 until 16:00 at our Gipfelstürmer hotel bar.
- Tasting menu 'Journey Through Salzburg' in the exclusive FinESSEN area of our restaurant served daily from 18:30. Additional fee on top of half-board: €45 per person.
- Discover the Taste of Austria! Culinary journey through Austria in our traditional wood-panelled Tauernstüberl dining room. €15 per person (additional fee on top of half-board).
GETTING TO THE TAUERN SPA
To make your journey to the TAUERN SPA as easy and relaxing as possible, we have put together an overview of the different routes depending on where you are coming from. For holidaymakers arriving by train we offer a free pick-up service from the railway station in Zell am See between 9:00 and 17:00. Please let us know before you arrive if you wish to be picked up.
Electric cars are another environmentally sustainable mode of transport. We have eight charging stations available at the TAUERN SPA. 100% of the energy used by these charging stations comes from renewable sources.
All guests who book directly through us can use our underground garage free of charge. All other guests will be charged €12 per vehicle per night.
The prices indicated below are per child per night.
- 0-2 years: free of charge
- 3-5 years: €43
- 6-10 years: €63
- 11-14 years: €84
BRINGING YOUR DOG ON HOLIDAY
Dogs are welcome at the TAUERN SPA. The landscape around our 4*S resort and the wider Zell am See - Kaprun region offer countless walking and hiking options. Guests who bring their dogs with them will get a special gift upon arrival and lots of information on dog-friendly activities. We will also be happy to provide a blanket, water bowl and food bowl for the duration of your stay. The resort has a dog-washing area.
- Price per night (not including food) €26
For reasons of hygiene dogs are not allowed in the hotel restaurant, the SPA Water World, the SPA Sauna World and the Hotel Panorama SPA & Hotel SPA Gletscherblick. Thank you for your cooperation.