MTB & roadbike
Explore the region on two wheels
The TAUERN SPA in Zell am See-Kaprun is surrounded by the spectacular mountains of the Hohe Tauern, the Pinzgauer Grasberge and the Kitzsteinhorn Glacier. It really is a haven for cyclists.
Roadbike riders can take on the course used for the Ironman 70.3, while mountainbikers will want to head for the hills or even take on Austria's highest mountain, the Großglockner.
- Glocknerkönig, 04. Juni 2017
- TriZell, 29. Juli 2017
- IRONMAN 70.3 Zell am See-Kaprun, 27. August 2017
- Hundstoa Biag Di, 30. September 2017
Glaciers, mountains, lakes
Embark on a journey of discovery through the region around Zell am See-Kaprun. Mountainbikers and roadbike riders will find plenty of routes to explore, as will those with less lofty ambitions. The network of cycle trails caters for all abilities and fitness levels. Popular rides include:
- the roadbike course used for the Ironman 70.3 (90km through the Pinzgau region)
- the Großglockner High Alpine Road (more than 2,000 vertical metres of climbing)
- the Kitzsteinhorn mountain (3 downhill trails).
The TAUERN SPA is the perfect starting point for those wishing to take on the region's high mountain passes, speedy descents and well-maintained roads. Just make sure you look where you are going – not always that easy when there is so much to see!
at the TAUERN SPA
At the TAUERN SPA we have several service areas where guests can keep their bikes in perfect working order. Each service area has a selection of tools and an air pump, as well as lockable storage boxes.
We also offer special TAUERN SPA bike snack packs to keep your energy levels topped on long rides. Once you are back at the hotel, our team will be happy to wash your cycling clothing for a small fee. Trekking bikes, children's bikes and mountainbikes can be hired free of charge from reception. Experts from our partners at Intersport Bründl in Kaprun will be happy to help with any questions.
E-bike rental in TAUERN SPA
Explore the region's lush meadows, blue lakes or the charming medieval centre of Zell am See with a little extra battery power. At the TAUERN SPA we offer our guests the chance to hire an electric-powered bike direct from the hotel. There are plenty of recharging stations in the region, so you need never worry about running out of energy!
Recharing stations in Kaprun
- Jausenstation Stangerbauer, Schaufelbergstraße 110
- Entrance to Sigmund Thun Klamm, Krafthausstraße 337
- Naturhotel Steiner, Kesselfallstraße 63
Recharing stations in Zell am See
- Berggasthof Hasling, Haslinggutweg 36
- Enzianhütte, Erlberg 85
- Berggasthof Mitterberg, Mitterbergweg 155
- Schloss Prielau, Hofmannsthalstraße 10
- Jausenstation Pfefferbauer, Einöd 70
- Berghotel Jagaalm, Sonnalmweg 57
- Schoberalm, Bruckbergstraße 56