Biking tours in Salzburg
Embark on a journey of discovery through the region around Zell am See-Kaprun. Mountainbikers and roadbike riders will find plenty of routes to explore, as will those with less lofty ambitions. The network of cycle trails caters for all abilities and fitness levels. Popular rides include:
- the roadbike course used for the Ironman 70.3 (90km through the Pinzgau region)
- the Großglockner High Alpine Road (more than 2,000 vertical metres of climbing)
- the Kitzsteinhorn mountain (3 downhill trails).
The TAUERN SPA is the perfect starting point for those wishing to take on the region's high mountain passes, speedy descents and well-maintained roads. Just make sure you look where you are going – not always that easy when there is so much to see!
Bike service at the TAUERN SPA
At the TAUERN SPA we have several service areas where guests can keep their bikes in perfect working order. Each service area has a selection of tools and an air pump, as well as lockable storage boxes (rental fee € 10,- per day and box).
We also offer special TAUERN SPA bike snack packs to keep your energy levels topped on long rides. Once you are back at the hotel, our team will be happy to wash your cycling clothing for a small fee. Trekking bikes, children's bikes and mountainbikes can be hired at the reception. Experts from our partners at Bründl Sports in Kaprun will be happy to help with any questions.
E-bike rental at the 4*S resort
Explore the region's lush meadows, blue lakes or the charming medieval centre of Zell am See with a little extra battery power. At the TAUERN SPA we offer our guests the chance to hire an electric-powered bike direct from the hotel. There are plenty of recharging stations in the region, so you need never worry about running out of energy!
Recharing stations in Kaprun
- Jausenstation Stangerbauer, Schaufelbergstraße 110
- Entrance to Sigmund Thun Klamm, Krafthausstraße 337
Recharing stations in Zell am See
- Berggasthof Hasling, Haslinggutweg 36
- Enzianhütte, Erlberg 85
- Berggasthof Mitterberg, Mitterbergweg 155
- Schloss Prielau, Hofmannsthalstraße 10
- Jausenstation Pfefferbauer, Einöd 70
- Berghotel Jagaalm, Sonnalmweg 57
- Schoberalm, Bruckbergstraße 56